What is your personal information?
When used in this policy, the term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Act. In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect your name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number, age or birth date, profession, occupation or job title and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, and through our representatives.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
How may we collect your personal information?
From the individuals themselves through application forms, registration books at open inspections, appointment forms, agreements, correspondence including emails, our web site, and through verbal communications;
From third parties (including from other agents, from operators of tenancy reference databases and other publicly available databases and from referees)? In the course of verifying and evaluating tenancy applications and managing tenancy arrangements, and in carrying out agency services for a client, including through property searches.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
At RPM, we collect, hold, use, and disclose to third parties, personal information for a number of reasons:
- To carry out appointments as sales agents for clients selling their properties;
- To carry out appointments as property managers for rental property owners, which includes processing tenancy applications and managing tenancy relationships and the tenanted property;
- To promote and market our services and the products and services of third parties (we will only use your personal information for this purpose and will not disclose it to third parties);
- To provide information on and promote properties for sale and for rent to the market;
- To reply to enquiries and information requests made by individuals;
- For internal business processes such as market research and billing; and
- Where required by law.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate.
Online- Cookies, External Links and Internet Security
When you access our website, we may send a “cookie” (which is a small summary file containing a unique ID number) to your computer. This enables us to recognise your computer. It also enables us to keep track of your activity on our website for a period of time. We use this to research our users’ habits so that we can improve our online products and services. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. RPM reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.