How To Maximise Your Bond Refund
Your property should be in the same condition as the start of your tenancy as per the Entry Condition Report. If you cannot locate it please contact our office. Any work that needs to be done after you vacate will be deducted from your bond. Read the following in conjunction with your original condition report.
- All doors, ceilings, wall, floors, skirtings, window ledges and tracks must be washed and free from marks, dust, cobwebs, finger marks, etc.
- Windows should be cleaned both inside and out (where accessible) and left free from dirt or streaks.
- Don’t remove picture hooks from walls.
- Cupboards should be cleaned inside and out.
- Light fittings must be cleaned and cobwebs removed both inside and outside the property (where accessible). You must replace any missing or broken light bulbs.
- Drapes are to be washed or dry-cleaned according to fabric. Rubber-backed curtains are to be dry cleaned only.
- Blinds are to be cleaned and in working order. If necessary, replace broken vertical blinds chains or clips (these can be purchased at hardware stores like Bunnings).
Carpets and Pest Control
- Carpets must be professionally steam cleaned by a reputable company, who provides a receipt. Recommended carpet cleaners can be organised through our office.
- Pest controlling must be done as per your lease special conditions and flea control must be done if a pet has resided at the property at any time.
- The shower recess, bath, sinks, toilets, cupboards, exhaust fans, drawers and mirrors must be cleaned thoroughly, with particular attention paid around tap handles, drains and toilet bowls.
- Ensure there are no traces of hair, soap residue and mould.
- Shower screens and curtains should likewise be washed.
- Clean rangehood internally and externally, dismantle and degrease exhaust fans and all filters and grills.
- Oven (especially behind) griller, element rings, and drip trays are to be clean and free of grease and carbon deposits.
- All cupboards, drawers and shelves must be cleaned inside and out with warm soapy water.
- Sinks must be cleaned of food and stains and dishwashers (if fitted) must be cleaned thoroughly inside and out. Remove and clean filters and cutlery baskets and leave doors open after cleaning.
- Clean all walls and floors, including skirting boards. Make sure the scuff marks are removed from tiled and vinyl floor coverings.
- Clean fireplace/heater if applicable. Similarly, air conditioners if fitted must be thoroughly cleaned, as must ceiling fans.
- Remove all rubbish from the yard ie garden waste, car parts etc. Mow lawns and trim the edges as well as fence lines. Weed the garden and pebble beds.
- Clean the gutters and downpipes of leaves. Remove all wasps nests, cobwebs etc from under eaves and around guttering (where accessible).
- Clean walls, floors and door to carports, garages, pergolas etc.
- Clean any oil/grease stains from driveway, carport and other concrete areas. Sweep the pathways clean.
- If you’ve had pets, remove all pet hair from patio, screens and around doors.
- Properly repair/replace any loose or ripped insect screens.
- Replace missing or broken light bulbs.