If you wish to put in an application form for a property please click here to download the RPM Rental Application Form.
In addition to the form above, RPM require copies of the following documentation to complete your application:
– Drivers Licence or Passport
– 1 further form of ID, eg medicare card
– Payslips or Employment letter
Application Process and Processing Times
Please note that we request all forms relating to your application to be submitted at the same time. We accept applications by post, fax or email. We will endeavour to advise you of the outcome of your application within 48 hours. All applications are subject to the landlord’s approval.
Once the Application is approved
You will be required to immediately pay a deposit of 2 weeks rent to secure the property
We require 2 weeks rent and 4 weeks bond prior to taking possession of the property
Our office does not accept bond transfers.
Initial payments of bond and rent can only be by bank cheque or direct deposit to our bank account. We apologise but we are unable to accept cash.
We will arrange a quick ‘handover’ appointment with all parties to the lease prior to you moving in. At this meeting we will ensure that all the paperwork is signed and go through any body corporate rules, payment of rent etc.
While we understand that you are keen to get into you new home quickly, we are unable to hand over keys until tenancy documents are signed, all money is paid and the lease has started.
Guide to Renting
Please take a few minutes to read the RPM guide to renting as it will be of assistance during your tenancy. As a tenant you have some major responsibilities throughout the tenancy as does the Owner. It is our job to ensure both parties are supported in fulfilling these responsibilities; we are a partner to both the tenant and landlord.
This guide should be read in conjunction with the Residential Tenancies Authority Form 17a – Renting in Queensland. You may download a copy from the RTA website (www.rta.qld.gov.au) or ask for a copy from our office.
All parties to the lease will be required to attend a ‘handover’ appointment before the keys to the property are handed over. At this appointment all the details of the lease will be checked and discussed. It is important that you retain a copy of your lease throughout the tenancy and refer to it as the first point of contact if you have any queries.
Payment of Rent
- At the handover appointment you would have paid 2 weeks rent in advance. Therefore your next rent payment will be due 2 weeks from this date.
- Our preferred method of payment is for you to use electronic funds transfer (EFT) into our bank account. The other methods of rent payment are deposit to a financial institution account or Bank cheque/money order.
Payment of rent is one of the biggest responsibilities a tenant has and we hope to never have to contact you regarding arrears. In the unlikely event that you are behind in your rent our collection process is as follows:
- 1 day overdue – text reminder
- 3 days overdue – you will be contacted by phone
- 8 days overdue – You will be issued with A Notice To Remedy Breach [Form 11]
- Breach not remedied – You will receive a Notice To Leave [Form 12]
- If you receive more then 2 Form 11’s within a 2 year period we can apply directly to the Small Claims Tribunal without serving a Form 12 to have you evicted
Please be aware that we are often asked to supply a rental ledger for past tenants and if the payment history has arrears throughout it may make it difficult to rent other properties. We do not enjoy chasing tenants for rent and ask that you keep your rent up to date at all times. In the event that you have a problem with rent please contact us immediately.
If your handover appointment is held at the property then your property manager will go through the entry condition report with you. If the handover appointment is held at our office then we ask that you return the entry condition report to us within three (3) days. This document is an important document and will be kept on file. We strongly suggest you keep a copy for your records.
Emergency Repairs and Other Maintenance
If there is an issue with the property please fill in our Maintenance Request Form this needs to be emailed through to firstname.lastname@example.org. If this situation is an emergency please also follow up with a phone call to 07 3846 4646.
Alternatively, if there is an emergency outside business hours please see below for the details of our emergency repairers:
Plumbing – Powerflow Plumbing 0479 117 200
Electrical – Flagship Electrical 0451 992 955 or Red Door Electrical 0405 052 109
Locksmiths 2 U – 0404 037 349
All other issues please contact our office on 0404 464 454.
Please note that the law makes it quite clear what is considered an emergency repair. These include:
- a burst water service
- a blocked or broken lavatory system
- a serious roof leak
- a gas leak
- a dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm, fire or impact damage
- a failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the premises for hot water, cooking or heating, and
- a fault/damage that is likely to cause injury, undue inconvenience or which makes the premises unsafe or insecure (for example broken stairs).
If your situation is not listed as an emergency repair it is considered a routine repair and you must contact the office during business hours. We endeavour to have a repairman out on site within 72 hours.
During the tenancy
- Caring For The Property: You must keep it clean and undamaged. Do not use screws, nails or hooks on walls without prior written consent from us. We also ask that you notify us of issues as soon as you are aware of them.
- Routine Inspections: will be conducted every 3-6 months depending on the owner’s instructions. You will be notified well in advance but you do not have to be home.
- Keys: If you lock yourself out during office hours you can borrow the office set provided you bring them back the same day. Costs may be incurred if the keys are not returned immediately. If you lock yourself out after hours you will have to contact a locksmith at your cost. Please do not contact our office after hours as it is not RPM’s responsibility
- Insurance: We strongly recommend you take out contents insurance as your belongings are not covered by the property owners insurance.
- Renewing The Lease: If the owner is agreeable you will be invited to renew your lease around 10 weeks prior to expiry. If you wish to vacate you must give a minimum of 2 weeks notice.
The Extra Mile for Tenants
As part of our ongoing commitment to our tenants we offer a number of services that assist tenants from the time they move in to the time they move on to another property. You will be provided with details of these services in your welcome pack.
Our Photography Policy
RPM tries to ensure that the privacy of our tenants is maintained while the property is being marketed for re-let or sale.
Our photography policy is as follows:
- In the event of a property being marketed for re-let or sale the tenant will be invited to attend while the property agent carries out its initial inspection;
- The tenant will be invited to temporarily move any items it does not wish photographed.
- The tenant’s privacy is important to us and we will ensure that you are given adequate opportunity before any open homes or inspections to remove or secure any items it does not wish to be on display.
- Where possible, the tenant’s items will be excluded from the photographs. This will obviously be difficult in rooms such as lounge rooms etc and we ask that the tenant remove any photographs prior to the estate agent attending
- This photography policy does not apply to photographs that are to be used for internal use only i.e. photographs by repairmen to show workmanship etc.
Become Part of the RPM Community
If you are looking for a rental property then please fill in the below form with your requirements. We will contact you with all available properties that suit what you are looking for and keep you updated with new properties.
Also follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Check here occasionally to see special offer for our tenants.
Offers will also be emailed to those tenants who have provided their email address.